Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Thrift Stores/Charity Shops

 

We’ve been busy, but this blog isn’t always about where we go unless I find materials in our travels. We try to go away on a day trip once a week. Saturday we tried to go to Weymouth but never quite made it there. We spent the whole day in Portland on Chesil Beach. Unfortunately they didn’t have any sea shells there.
The remainder of our time we pretty much waste. I experiment with new materials and designs or try new recipes since I also love cooking. I don’t know what Neil does, plays Tetris and watches You Tube videos (just kidding). Once a week we go to a coffee shop for cappuccinos. On that trip we have to stop at several ‘Charity Shops’ as Neil calls them or Thrift Stores as we call them at home.
I’m not really into Thrift Stores. Neil loves a bargain but I only like bargains at department stores. I have gotten a few pairs of shoes in the charity shops because that’s pretty much the only place I can get good quality shoes in my size (when I can find them) at a reasonable price. When I decided to start making earrings Neil started looking in charity shops for beads to make them with.
He’s trying to take over my blog! He’s constantly looking at YouTube videos and trying to tell me things to make earrings out of. While I do appreciate the moral support, his ideas aren’t usually the way I want this to go. Nevertheless, we’ve found a few deals on beads at the ‘Charity Shops’ and I’ve done a few pairs of earrings.
 

Rosie

Trixie

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
These pairs I made from the beads of a vintage necklace, the beads are in good condition. I really dig the shapes!
 
Swirls
 
 
This pair I really love. I’m a hematite fan anyway, but I tried being creative and putting the beads in a spiral. I also tried to incorporate all the pieces from the bundles we purchased. Neil really likes the bundles the way they are so I told him I would take one apart and leave one together.
 
 
Again, what you see here is the only stock there is, at least for now. I think I can make another pair or two of Rosie and Trixie, but Swirls I can only make one pair.


£4.50 for UK shipping, $8.18 for US shipping


Only one of each in stock . Prices do not include shipping. Shipping available to US and UK.
For purchase leave a comment  or send an email I'll respond with Paypal info. Items will be shipped once payment is confirmed.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment