Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Curling Ribbons

SOLD OUT!


This is another design I’ve been dreaming about. I wanted something that looked like curling ribbon on a beautifully wrapped present. I must say I am happy with the result of this project. I tried with different widths of materials and different colors. Besides these four colors I have dark green, black and white available. I can also make pairs in combinations of these colors. Please specify the color(s) and width (small or large) and tightness (Orange is the tightest, blue is the loosest) upon ordering.


 
I think I may start using only recycled materials, I like using things that would otherwise just end up in a landfill. The technique I use to refashion the material gives it a nice texture. The only problem with this source of materials is I am limited in the colors available. I am trying to figure out a way to color the material since I have a lot of white and clear but not many other colors. What I've tried so far looks okay but the color fades when touched, which won't work for jewelry.
 
 
I wore the Blue ones out last week and my cousin loved them. They are very light despite the size of the curls.

Pink & Purple
 

So I took a big step the other day, I opened an Etsy store. So far I only have one style of earrings listed in the store but I will add more. I wanted to see if it's worth it first. So you can make your purchases from the Etsy store or from this blog. But I have to warn you the Etsy prices are higher to cover the costs of the store so if I were you I'd buy directly from the blog.
 


 
Blue & Orange Curling Ribbon - Sold

Pink & Purple only £3.95 for UK Shipping, $6.75 for US shipping
Each pair is slightly different.  Prices do not include shipping. Shipping available to US and UK.
For purchase leave a comment  or send an email I'll respond with Paypal info. Items will be shipped once payment is confirmed


No comments:

Post a Comment