Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The Holly and The Ivy


Holly!!!
 

 
I never saw live Holly until I moved here, we have some growing in the front yard. It’s a nice looking plant, a bit prickly. I grew up with the plastic stuff; we had wreaths of it, and candle holders and even a transparent bowl with holly inside of it.

 
So while trying to come up with figures of Christmas holly was definitely a contender. But actually holly isn’t Christmasy at all. Holly, ivy and mistletoe were used by pagans to celebrate the winter solstice before Christianity existed. When Christians adopted the winter solstice in the form of Christmas, they also adopted these symbols.

 
 I tried using new methods for holly but none of them worked as well as I wanted, so I stuck with my tried and true source. I hope you enjoy these leaves made of recycled plastic and repurposed wooden beads. Pick up these prickly plants before they’re all gone.
 
 



 Holly - £3.95 or $8.18


All prices include shipping. Shipping available to US and UK.
For purchase leave a comment  or send an email I'll respond with Paypal info. Items will be shipped once payment is confirmed.


Now you can find us on Twitter @DanglingJourney
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment