Monday, March 7, 2016

MS Awareness Month


Get Your Orange Out!

 

It’s MS Awareness week! I’ve been supporting MS charities since my mother was diagnosed with MS seven years ago. But I also had three aunts, a cousin and a good friend who have (or had) MS.
The color for MS awareness is orange. So for years I’ve been wearing orange this for this week in March. The other year I got a wristband, so I wear my orange every day. But last week when I posted the new colors I’d done in my favorite style my mom “I need some orange ones!”
 
Now I didn’t really have any orange beads. I did have some stones but I went to another charity shop and picked up some beads which just happened to be orange. I made two different styles of earrings.
This first one I’ll call Cathy since it’s the one my mom likes and I’ll be sending to her. They are bright orange beads that look like natural stone (but I don’t think they are), and they are accompanied by three small stones “stacked” – as my mom said, on top of the large stone. I believe the small stones are actually real natural stones. They are textures and unevenly colored, if they are fake they are very good fakes.

 
The second pair I’ll call Samentha after my good friend from college. We lost touch after our first year when we both transferred to new schools and we just got back in touch through Facebook a few years ago. This pair is a deeper amber-orange, it has a large stone-like bead at the base and is topped with alternating beads; gold-plated, natural and gem beads.

 

Now while one pair of Cathy is spoken for I do have enough to make another pair. I have one pair of Samentha made and I also have enough to make another. So get in touch soon to make sure you get these natural beauties.

£3.95 or $8.18

Follow us on Twitter @DanglingJourney 

Prices include shipping. Shipping available to US and UK.
For purchase leave a comment  or send an email payments are made through PayPal. Items will be shipped once payment is confirmed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment