Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Wedding Blues


Wedding Blues for me, great designs for you!


So we have had a major setback in our wedding planning. We gave notice two weeks ago and last week we were informed that the Home Office would conduct an investigation into whether our relationship is genuine. So we may have to postpone our wedding until the investigation is finished. This is especially frustrating for Neil and I because we just went through a Tribunal with the Home Office in December. They would not grant me a Visa because they didn’t believe our relationship was genuine. At the tribunal once the Home Office representative saw our evidence he conceded that our relationship was genuine. Also the judge stated in his decision that our relationship was genuine thus awarded me the visa. Now the Home Office wants to investigate us again.

We were in the process of booking the reception when we got the news, we’d actually just gone to see the venue and were talking out whether it was feasible (there are some complications).  Before we got the letter last week I was making earrings for myself to wear to the wedding. I took a look online to see what was out there and find some inspiration.

I’ve made two of the pairs based on what I saw online; using them as guidance to create my own. I’ve also started working with some new materials and it’s so exciting! These are the first two pairs I made. I made them two weeks ago but after making them felt that I needed larger beads.

Design 1


 

Both of these pairs contain shell pearls and crystal rondelles. However this pair also contains Swarovski crystal peardrops and small Czech crystal Shamballa beads. I really love these two!
Design 2

After I made them I ordered more materials and larger beads but received them after we got the bad news. So I really didn’t feel like making anything for a few days and I was trying to get in touch with someone who could help me. But yesterday I needed to blow off some steam so I made several more designs.

The rest of them I’ve only made one earring so far. I only bought enough supplies to make something for myself so I didn’t intend to post and offer them for sale. I saw this design online a few weeks ago and made it yesterday. This may be my favorite! These are made using crafting wire. I’m so happy I found this material, I’m trying a lot of new designs using it. This pair has a larger Czech crystal shamballa bead, two shell pearls and a crystal rondelle.
Design 3

This design has a Swarovski peardrop crystal, a Czech crystal shamballa bead and a shell pearl bead.



Design 4

 
This design is very simple. It contains two glass beads, one smooth and one cut, and two pearl beads. The beads are in ascending order. It is the only design featuring repurposed beads.
Design 5

 This design I tried something different. There is a cut glass bead on top, with a crystal rondelle separating it from a sideways square glass pearl bead. But if you prefer I can switch the order and put the glass bead on the bottom.
Design 6

Finally this design I also made using craft wire. There is a Swarovski peardrop crystal dangling from the end, with a wire spiral separating the peardrop from a long twisted glass pearl bead, then a rondelle and topped by a shell pearl bead.
Design 7

As I said I had no intention of offering these for sale, but why not? What’s good enough for me is good enough for you. There may be some other brides out there looking for the perfect earrings to wear for their special day. Or you may need earrings for your flower girl, bridesmaids or mother-of-the-bride. Or maybe you just like the idea of crystals and pearls.
Now, because I had to purchase the materials from a retailer instead of using the repurposed or recycled materials I usually use, these designs will be pricier. Also because of customs I will not ship any of these outside of the UK. Since supplies are limited act fast, I only have enough Swarovski peardrops for two pairs of earring so if you'd like one of the designs that feature them you should let me know ASAP. Once supplies run out I will be able to make more as long as I can get the materials from the retailer, but that will add about a week. So if you like any of these bridal beauties act fast.

All other designs made to order.
Design 1 in stock  £8.00 including shipping or $12.75 including US shipping
Design 2 made to order £12 including shipping or $16.29 including US shipping
Design 3 made to order £9.00 including UK shipping or $13.85 including US shipping
Design 4 made to order £12 including UK shipping or $16.29 including US shipping
Design 5 in stock £6.00 including UK shipping or $10.10 including US shipping
Design 6 in stock £6.00 including UK shipping or $10.10 including US shipping
Design 7 no longer available
Design 8 (my wedding earrings) made to order (see Wedding pictures) £16.00 including UK shipping or $22.50 including US shipping

 Follow us on Twitter @DanglingJourney 

Prices include shipping. Shipping available to UK and US.
For purchase leave a comment or send an email; payments are accepted through PayPal. Items will be shipped once payment is confirmed
.


No comments:

Post a Comment