Thursday, August 18, 2016

Wedding Pictures



As Promised

 Before the wedding I promised I would post pictures of the day. I just received the pictures from the photographer so its perfect timing. I can showcase the earrings I made for myself as well as the ones my mom wore on the day. I've tried to only post pictures that feature the earrings.

 Both pairs have Swarovski crystals, pearls, shamballa beads and crystal rondelle spacers. My mom took her pair back to the States with her but if anyone would like to purchase the style I can make another. The same goes for my pair.





£21.00 UK including shipping, $24.00 US including shipping

I stopped posting earrings a few months before the wedding, that's because we were VERY busy. Neil and I did just about everything ourselves. I've said this and people say "Yes, we all do" but I mean everything! Okay we didn't cater the reception, make our clothes or drive the bus, but we did just about everything else.
 

 
 
Me and my parents on our way to the ceremony
and coming into Windsor Guildhall










We didn’t have a wedding coordinator, planner or even bridesmaids. And since my mom and most of my family is in the States we didn’t have much help. We booked the venues (and as you know had a lot of trouble from the Home Office), booked the transport and had to create a scenic route for the bus to take on the day so we’d have time to celebrate with our guests on the way to the reception (because not everyone could stay).We made our invitations ourselves. We bought really nice paper and several sets of stamps, along with ribbon and embellishments.
 



 







 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 










We ran around getting drinks to have on the bus, then we decided to have tickets for our guests to ride. Yup, we made them too along with the favors. We’d gone around for months collecting pretty glass bottles for our centerpieces from charity shops and car boot sales (that’s thrift stores and flea markets in American). We went to a fabric store and bought fabric that I then cut into strips for the chair sashes.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


A few weeks before we bought the plastic glasses to have on the bus. We bought all the candles for the centerpieces, confetti and little bags for throwing the confetti. I had seen people have a picture frame as their guest book so I bought a frame with a large matte and typed up a poem instructing people to sign the matting so we could treasure it. Once we got everyone’s meal choices I made place cards for the tables.

 
 
 
 
 

On the Saturday before the wedding we got up at 4:00am and went to New Covent Garden Flower Market and bought the flowers. The night before I made my bouquet, the throwing bouquet (or the tosser as I called it, which is a rude word here), boutineers for Neil, my dad and my brother, my mom’s corsage, a memorial piece to my grandparents (which sat on the first seat at the ceremony where I would have wanted them to sit if they were here. I knew I wanted flowers in my hair, and we still had some flowers left over so I made little arrangements for the table as well.
 

I was so glad the photographer caught this. A special moment
with my grandparents who I missed so much on the day
I’d had the music picked for my wedding for years. The ceremony venue would take a CD. I put all the music on a CD but the CD wouldn’t play on their player. So a week before the wedding we had to run around shops looking for CDs with the music on it (because all of my CDs are in the States). I didn’t end up with all of the music I’d wanted but it would do. I bought an MP3 player to play music on the bus and created playlists for the bus journey, eating at the reception and dancing (no need for a DJ). I even played certain songs so we’d know what to do; AWB’s Cut the Cake – for cutting the cake, and Beyonce’s (Single Ladies)Put a Ring On It to call all the single ladies to the floor for the bouquet toss.
 
 
 
The morning of the wedding Neil, my parents and I went to the reception venue and set it up. Neil did all the centerpieces and I tied the chair sashes. My parents helped a little too and we got the whole room set up in less than an hour.




 




My mother said to me on the day “Why are you doing everything?” Because we wanted to, because both Neil and I are control freaks, a bit OCD and very picky. We  knew what we wanted and we knew no one would do it how we wanted it. So at the end of a long day, once the guests left and Neil had given people rides to train stations and hotels. Neil and I went back to the reception venue (after I’d taken off my gown) and cleared up the reception venue. We had all the boxes and bags from the day in our hallway and some in Neil’s trunk till the next day.
 


Keep in mind that apart from all of this, we had my parents staying with us which we had to prepare for, I had a few family members coming from the States that I made welcome packets for. There was cooking and cleaning to be done in preparation for their arrivals. Doctor’s appointments, nail appointments, dress appointments, picking people up from the airport. We were knackered! I still don’t know if we’ve recovered. But is was a blast! I wish we could do it again. And there’s still a lot to do. I haven’t finished the Thank You cards yet. And there are still boxes in the hallway!

 
Neither pair are currently in stock but can be made to order £12.00 or $20.00 including shipping to the US and UK.. Please leave a comment or send an email in your would like to make a purchase. I will send you an invoice through paypal. Items will be made and shipped once payment is confirmed. Please allow up to two weeks to receive once ordered.
 

1 comment:

  1. Here's to a Happy Life! I can't stop smiling!!!! Congrats XOXO Monae

    ReplyDelete