Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Odds & Ends


Bits & Pieces pt. 2
 
When I told my mother that I finally got a stall at a fair she told me to make as many earrings as I could and just sell them. I did have a day when I was pretty productive but mostly I’ve been trying to tie up loose ends. This week I’m putting up a few more pieces that I had laying around as well as some I made since last week.


 
The first pair I made last fall when I was experimenting with recycled materials. It combines my love of crafting with my love for music. I was making plastic circle designs and decided to try a G-Clef. This is the only pair of these I ever made. I think I had intended to make more but then I got caught up in my Christmas inventory and forgot about them. They are rather nice though!
 
 

The next pair is also from my recycled material trial. It show my fascination with spirals. Really, if you look at my stock there are a lot of spirals, swirls and curls. I’ve done them with craft wire, sheets of HDPE that I treated and then curls and now these. I won’t say what they are in fear that people might cringe but let’s just say it’s something most of us use every day, at home they used to advertise missing people on them. Nowadays they are made of plastic, I guess the Amber Alert put made it redundant.
 
 

The next one I hinted to last week. I got these red beads a while back and I decided they reminded me of cranberry juice. So I decided to make a pair based on one of my favorite drinks, also it could be based on my mom’s favorite drink (minus the Cointreau). These are vodka and cranberry with a twist of lime or Cosmo (Cosmopolitan). Well, I guess when you mix up the vodka, cranberry, lime and Cointreau you end up with a lovely pink concoction but Vodka and cranberry with a lime twist is too long of a name for a pair of earrings.
 
 

On Thursday I was panicking about something so I decided to make some earrings to take my mind off of it. This pair I just made, however they are based on the first pair of earrings I ever made and the first to appear on the blog  you can read the story about them. Over the past year I’ve acquired a lot more hematite; some magnetic and some not, some blue and some gray, some shiny and some chiseled. These are a little different from the originals but they are in the same spirit.
 

 

Now, what can I say about these? A few months ago I purchased a kit of glass beads, I wrote about it wrote about it then . I really like making earrings that are a bunch of different sized beads that dangle. The great thing about this kit is that it consists of shiny and matte beads. I love using a mixture of both when make a pair with them. I like grapes, but only white (or green) grapes which these remind me of so I’m calling them a Bunch of Grapes.


I was inspired by the last two pairs on a walk with my husband  last week. We were walking through our village on our way to pick up our Chinese food dinner. I saw this adorable curl with a little “bump” on the end or along the curls. I think that eventually the “bumps” will blossom into flowers but I’m not sure. I asked Neil what it was and he didn’t know. I think however that the curls were on some kind of vine, and last week we also passed some vine weed which I thought was beautiful, I never would have thought it was a weed. So that’s what I’m calling them; Vine Weed.

 
This is your last chance to get these before the fair.

All pairs $8.08 or £6.15 Including shipping
  
 
To make a purchase please leave a comment with your email address. I'll send you an invoice through paypal. Items will ship once payment is confirm. Prices include shipping.
       
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment