Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Oh Tannenbaum


Oh Tannenbaum




I have been thinking about this design for about a year. Last year I was looking for pictures to base Christmas earrings on. I knew I wanted to a Christmas tree and I saw a Christmas tree like this and couldn’t figure out how to do it. Then this year I discovered craft wire and there you have it.

 
You might remember three weeks ago I was saying I needed a tool and some materials. I decided to make the tool instead of buying one and the materials I ordered took five weeks to arrive. Well the wire finally arrived but I had to contact the vendor and let them know I never received it. They sent out another batch. I finally buckled down to make the tool only to find that it didn’t really work the way I wanted it to. The problem with my homemade tool was that I couldn’t get the finished product off of the tool. In the end I figured it out but it took several days to get right.


I tried a few different designs until I found the one I was happy with. This is one of the trials I did. Part of the problem was I didn’t want them to be too big. I also wanted the option of adding beads for decorations if I wanted. But in the end I decided not to add them.


As I said last week the earrings I made for last Christmas took weeks to get right. Once I made them the way I wanted them I found the paint came off. So I ended up having to pretreat them all and then seal them so the paint didn’t come off. So I am determined to make this year’s designs easier for me which will be less costly for you.


I suppose this is a good time to let you all know that the journey is making another stop. This time a MacMillan  Nurses Christmas Bazaar once again at the Wraysbury village hall. It will be Saturday November 26 from 10am to noon. They will be serving coffee, tea and cakes and having a raffle. So make sure you stop by and see us. Purchases made in person save postage!

£3.75 including shipping within the UK. $8.53 including shipping to the US

No comments:

Post a Comment