Wednesday, November 9, 2016

This has officially become a holiday line!

 

Eight Crazy Nights!

 


I’ve wanted to do something for Hanukkah since last fall but I couldn’t come up with anything. Once I got the craft wire I realized I could make these. I wish I could make a dreidel or a menorah. But of course it doesn't have to be Hanukkah to wear these lovely Stars of David! 

 
I love Hanukkah! When I was in elementary school (3rd and 4th grade) we learned about Hanukkah. In music class we learned a Hanukkah song which we sang at Christmas concerts. When I got to High School I learned another Hanukkah song (which I love to this day) and my senior year (because the choir disbanded) one of my teachers put on a Christmas show and I sang the Hanukkah song in an assembly … in Hebrew. I was complimented by one of my teachers on my Hebrew. I have another confession to make, if Rosetta Stone offered me the chance to learn any language it would be Hebrew. I love the Hebrew culture and food and I admire their resilience. I’ve thought about converting to Judaism but JC is a big deal me.

 

Hanukkah is called the festival of lights and was set up as a time of Thanksgiving. A brief history, after reclaiming Jerusalem the Maccabees wanted to light a Menorah in their temple but there was only enough oil to last for one night. Miraculously the oil lasted for eight nights until they were able to make more oil to keep the lights burning. Although the date of Hanukkah changes every year because it runs on the Hebrew calendar it sometimes falls on or around Christmas. This year Hanukkah begins on Christmas Eve.

Fingers crossed I’ll have another Holiday Design for you next week.

£3.50 including UK shipping, $8.25 including US shipping

No comments:

Post a Comment