Wednesday, November 16, 2016

U-N-I-T-Y!


Umoja and Ujamaa

 

I wanted to have a more inclusive line this year, last week I released my Hanukkah earrings so this week I am presenting my Kwanzaa earrings. Like Hanukkah there is a special candelabra that is used to celebrate the holiday. So last year I thought about making the Menorah and Kinara for the holidays but I just couldn’t figure it out. Then my mother shared the symbols of each day with me and saw that I could make two of the symbols.

 

Kwanzaa or first fruits of the harvest is a holiday celebrated by some African-Americans from December 26th through January 1st. It is based on seven principles of African heritage which are:

Ñ Umoja or Unity

Ñ Kujichagulia or Self-Determination

Ñ Ujima or Collective Work and Responsibility

Ñ Ujamaa or Cooperative Economics

Ñ Nia or Purpose

Ñ Kuumba or Creativity

Ñ Imani or Faith

The designs I made for Kwanzaa are Ujamaa

 


 

And Umoja which was in the preview I sent out on Friday.

 


Since this is pretty much a solely American holiday I don’t expect to sell any in the UK. So I’ll only give American prices. But don’t worry members of my British audience, next week’s earrings are a UK exclusive. Oh, and did I mention #TDJ will be making another stop? This time at the MacMillan Christmas Bazaar in Wraysbury. So if you aren’t too far away you can swing buy and pick up your earrings for Christmas. I’ll have the entire stock on hand so you can pick up Christmas presents and earrings to wear around during the holidays. Come by and say hello on Saturday November 26 from 10am to noon.

Ujamaa $3.00 including shipping

Umoja $3.50 including shipping

 

No comments:

Post a Comment