Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Happy New Year!!!


 

 Happy New Year from all of us at the Dangling Journey! We hope you had a great Christmas and wish you a dazzling 2017.

I admit I didn’t give any previews for what’s coming up this year, but honestly I made several pairs of earrings before Christmas. I’m only going to release them one at a time though so I don’t run out of things to present. I also got lots of new supplies to make earrings with, so the journey continues.

I had two thoughts for this month; one was to try something different. Fortunately my birthday is this month (Friday to be precise) and a lot of other people I know have birthdays this month as well so I started thinking about birthstones. I looked at my supplier’s website and found Garnets reasonably priced, I can’t say the same for other birthstones though.

The second idea came to me while I was trying to go to sleep one night. I drew it on my phone. Unfortunately once I made them I deleted the drawing.

 


I think it looks rather pretty, even elegant. It features two 6mm garnet beads and one 6mm Chambala bead all hanging from a silver plated chain. The total length of the earring is 3 inches.
 

Any of the garnet earrings can be made in most birthstones. Here’s the complicated part – there are at least four different classifications of birthstones. I can get most from my supplier but there are a few (Diamond, Ruby, Emerald and Sapphire) that they do not supply or what they supply is actually glass and not rock or mineral. I have provided a chart and crossed out any that I cannot (or will not) supply. Only the best for my customers! No imitation stones here! Also some stones may be more expensive than garnet so if you order another stone I will quote you a price specific for your earrings before purchasing so there is no mix up. Colors: Jasper (leopard skin) Topaz (yellow/orange)

 
 
£8.00 including shipping to the UK. $9.85 including shipping to the US.


No comments:

Post a Comment