Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Breaking News!!!


We interrupt your scheduled broadcast for this special report.


Clip on earrings are now available!


Last year with the two fairs we attended I came across a reoccurring theme. “They’re nice, but my ears aren’t pierced.” Well, now there is no excuse.

 Just after Christmas I ordered more silver plated findings because I was running low. I didn’t notice it when I received them but when I put them on the first pair  this year I realized the new fishhooks are larger than the ones I’ve been using since I started. I must say that I like the smaller version better myself. But I looked on the site and there is no size specified so I guess it’s just what they have when you order. So I decided to try something different. I acquired Kidney Ear pieces. I have a pair of earring with these and I love them! I haven’t seen earrings with them since but my supplier has them so I got some.

 
 
 
I guess I should explain why I use the type of findings I do. When I was an infant my mother had my ears pierced, properly at a doctor's office. After a year or two she noticed that I took them out of my ears in my sleep. After several mornings getting down on her hands and knees to look for the lost earrings under my bed she gave up and stopped putting them on me. She only used 24 karat gold so it wasn’t the metal I was allergic to. After awhile the holes closed.Years later (and I remember this) I wanted to wear earrings. I was about seven or eight. After months of begging and pleading my mom re-pierced my ears (herself, at home). It didn’t hurt or not that I can remember. Once again she only used 24 karat gold post earrings, and sure enough after a while they bothered my ears.
 
 
I rarely wore earrings after that, but the holes never closed again. Sometimes I would see some cute ones that I liked and try them but most of the time they still bothered me. One Easter as a teenager I bought myself a cute (cheap) pair at a clothing store. Funny enough they didn’t bother me. So I tried going back to earrings I already had (posts) but they still bothered me. So I went through my earrings and took note of the ones I could wear with no problem and the ones that bothered me. Sure enough the ones that I had a problem wearing didn’t depend on the quality of the metal but the type of earring. Earrings like the fishhooks and kidneys don't bother me. But post earring still do, so I only wear those types (thus dangling – because they are both dangle earrings).
 

I transferred two pairs that were already made to clips and one pair to kidney just so that you can see how they look. If you are interested in any pair already made over the past year and a half in the clip on or kidney form just let me know. The clips are more expensive, so the clip on earrings will be as well. But at least now every one has an opportunity to wear a pair of fun, unique, handmade earrings.




1 comment:

  1. You were 4 months old when the Dr pierced your ears and you managed to get one out that same day. My nerves were frazzled trying to get it back in. Ms Karen's ears aren't pierced I hope she sees this.

    ReplyDelete