Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Baccarat


 

This pair has a bit of history behind them.

Many years ago now (probably about 10) I went to a mall in Atlantic City (NJ) and saw a jewelry store. The jewelry was a bit abstract for me but it was still very nice and it was very expensive. I always kept it in mind for present ideas for my uncles who have very expensive taste. I thought I could save up the money to get cufflinks or something. I had never heard of this designer before then but when I brought home the booklet and my mother said it was a well-known jewelry designer. It was call Baccarat.

Now fast forward to Spring/Summer 2015, Neil and I went for an outing to Cobham when he was recovering from his horrible back episode. We went and had lunch in a park in Cobham and then walked down the High Street browsing the charity shops. Chelsea had just won one of the many cup finals that year and I guess a lot of the players live in the area so Chelsea flags were everywhere (I hate Chelsea!). In one of the charity shops I saw this Baccarat necklace and snatched up especially since I know this could retail for about $200 and it was only £3.00. But I really do like it and I don’t have much if any black jewelry.

 

Now fast forward to three weeks ago. I was having another night insomnia and while lying in bed I thought I’ll make myself a  pair of earring to go with my Baccarat necklace because I don’t wear it as often as I should. I have a nice pair of black chandelier earrings but they are a different style. I decided to try to make a pair that would have the same sort of swirl effect like the Baccarat necklace has. And since I still had some Onyx beads left I decided to give it a try. So a few days later while playing some old political panel shows I started messing around to see if I could make this idea come to life. You may have seen the posts I put on FB and Twitter after they were done.

 They’ve drawn a lot of attention, even before I wrote this post someone purchased a pair. Each earring consists of seven 6mm Onyx beads, threaded with silver plated findings and hooked onto silver plated chain. They hang about an inch and three quarters from the neck. So let me know what you think. I can make more if anyone is interested but I’ll have to order more beads.
 

£8.00 including UK Shipping, $13.00 including US shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment