Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Sherri

Sherri & The Roses
 
Sorry I haven’t posted anything since the showcase. I had a creative spurt last month and made several designs then posted them all, I didn’t have any inspiration to make anything else.
 
 
I have been busy though. We have a huge front yard at our house and I recently became interested in caring for it. I’m a city girl, I don’t do dirt or bugs but we have 12 rose bushes in the front yard and I am trying to nurture them. Some have aphids, most of them have a fungal infection which turns their leaves brown but when they bloom they are lovely. There are several different types of roses and in many colors; orange, red, several shades of pink and one call a “peace” rose which changes color as it blossoms.


This one smells like Turkish Delight
I started a few months ago, in the winter I cut back all the brown dead looking parts; Neil said they should be pruned by 30% every year but he hasn’t done it in years. This year I did it. Now that they looked like they wanted to flower I’ve gone out every day and watered them. We don’t have a hose or a spout outside so I carry a gallon jug back and forth to water the bushes. I figure it is good exercise and besides it will make them pretty. Neil doesn’t want me doing all this work but I don’t really have anything else to do.


The Peace Rose



Aside from that I’ve just been trying to be a good wife, learning about natural cleaning products (I've become obsessed with vinegar) and trying to keep the house clean and make yummy food like pizza (which I think I finally cracked) and trying new recipes that we can both enjoy. This week I made North African Cous Cous, Neil even liked it and he’s a picky eater. Last week I made chocolate pudding and Sunday I made butterscotch pudding, Neil didn’t like the chocolate and refused to try the butterscotch. More for me!

This Sunday is Mother’s Day in America and my Godmother’s birthday is a few days later, and since I now have clip on earrings I decided to send her a pair. I had in my mind the pair I was going to send her but when I went to get them apparently they didn’t exist. I have the long pair (Birthday Earrings) and the pair on the chain but I thought they may be too long so I  made this pair especially for her.

Each earring has two garnets and one faux pearl bead. The findings are all silver plated.
 
Hopefully I’ll be inspired to make more earrings soon.

£5.00 including UK shipping, $9.30 including US shipping.
PS. I took these pictures on Monday and the bushes shown have bloomed more since then.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment