Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Layers



 

Today is our first wedding anniversary! I can’t believe it. We were so busy last year getting ready for the big day that I didn’t post anything for about two months. This year has gone by in a flash and yet it seems to have taken an eternity to get here. Strange, huh? Well if you’d like you can take a look back at our wedding pics.
Years ago I bought a cheap pair of earrings from a plus sized clothing store which I used to buy all of my clothes from (hint: it’s what real women wear). I wore them all the time especially when I was wearing royal blue which a lot of my summer wardrobe is. Over the years the long kidney wires turned and they didn’t look so good, but the beads were fine so when I started making earrings I put new hook on them.
I love these earrings and I have been trying to make some similar, which is why I bought the bead heads last month. But I made this pair while I was waiting for the bead heads to arrive. Once they arrived I realized none of the heads were small enough for the top of this bead since it’s very small on top.
I love the natural tones of this bead. It looks like there are layers in the beads like the sedimentary layers you may find in exposed rock on mountains or cliff faces. But the beads are not made of stone, they are glass. All of the findings are silver plated and they can be fitted with fish hook, kidney wires (shown) or clip-ons. They earrings hang just over and inch from the ear.
 
Hopefully we have a busy day ahead of us; recreating our wedding picture, going to dinner and having the top tier of our wedding cake.

 

£4.50 including UK shipping, $8.55 including US shipping  One pair left

 

No comments:

Post a Comment